Terrie Reddish is a contemporary book and botanical artist based in the Hawke's Bay.
Largely self-taught, Terrie has perfected her own style of pencil drawing with a focus toward depicting New Zealand native flora. She primarily uses Faber Castell Polychromos (dry) coloured pencils for her original drawings on 300gsm hot pressed paper.
Her objective is to present plants from everyday life in a way that draws the observer in to a new world of discovery. As a result of her RHS exhibition work, botanical accuracy is of principal importance, however, Terrie also attempts to ensure that the resulting images look at home in a modern setting.
Terrie is a member of the New Zealand Society of Botanical Art, Association of Book Crafts (New Zealand) Incorporated and Central Print Council of Aotearoa NZ. She has also delivered pencil drawing workshops for Whanganui UCOL’s Summer School, BASNZ Christchurch and Keirunga Artists, Havelock North.
- 2008 Royal Horticultural Society December Show, London
- 2010 Ellerslie Flower Show, Christchuch
- 2010 Garden Safari, Percy Thomson Gallery, Taranaki
- 2010 Putiputi flower festival, Hastings
- 2010 Small things bright and beautiful, Tauranga
- 2010 Havelock North Community Centre, Havelock North
- 2010 Wildflower Sculpture exhibition, Hastings
- 2011 Hawkes Bay Invitational, Hastings
- 2011 Billy K and Me (William Colenso) exhibition, Hastings
- 2012 Birdwoods Gallery, Havelock North
- 2012 Wildflower Sculpture exhibition, Hastings
- 2014 Canterbury Florilegium, Christchurch
- 2014 Wildflower Sculpture exhibition, Hastings
- 2015 Auaha residency, Hastings City Art Gallery